Friday, November 26, 2010

Dr. Quinn Penguin

Penguins are among the world's most agile and graceful creatures when it comes to aquatic life.  Diving at speeds that surpass 12km/h, penguins are quite energetic.  Their speedy swim strokes allow for quick feeding rituals and effective preying.

Today I was not the graceful and energetic penguin as I should have been.  No, today was the day I did nothing.  I have been a little under the weather ever since I arrived at home for the Thanksgiving holiday and just haven't had the energy to do anything.  I've been laying on my couch all day surfing through Facebook and yes...watching a marathon of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman on the Gospel Music Channel.  Now you may think that is a little strange and somewhat random, but you just don't know my family.  WE ARE OBSESSED.  Apparently there is a "lost" season of the show and it is currently being shown as a part of the marathon.  At the end of the marathon, 2 movies are going to be shown. I am currently watching one of those movies appropriately called Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman: The Movie.  I have literally been laying here for hours waiting for these movies to come on.  Sad? Very. I've cried. I've laughed. I've been angry.  I've binged on Thanksgiving leftovers and even Halloween candy (so sad).  One good thing about today though, I got to see my lil nephew Eli.  He spent the day with us and actually enjoyed Dr. Quinn just as much as I did.  He did the usual baby stuff like eat, sleep, googoo and gahgah, with little crying.  He was very good.  But notice he also watched Dr. Quinn.  

All in all, today was great in my eyes.  However, if a penguin were here, he or she would say I was a lazy fat ass, which is probably true.  I didn't even have to cook my dinner.  I do feel guilty though, seems like this has been the pattern lately in my life...veggin out. So I have taken a step to live up to my flightless feathered friends lifestyle. I made my parents buy me some tennis shoes. I shall start back running :).  I will be graceful and agile! No way on earth that I will dive as fast as my black and white birdy birds will...I hate the ocean; however, I shall run my face off! Goodbye lazy Dr. Quinn Penguin, say hello to RENEWED PENGUIN! 

2 comments:

  1. excuse me...a missing season???!!! Tell me more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the 6th season lol they call it the "lost" season of the series

    ReplyDelete